I know I’ve said it before but I just cannot believe that it’s 2016 already! I know one shouldn’t wait for the new year to “change” or “better ourselves” but the arrival of a new year is always a good way to wipe the slate clean of last years habits and start fresh with clear goals in mind.
Holding down a full time job whilst juggling time with my boyfriend, friends and family, exercising and finding time to take photos (which is hard in the winter!) and write and schedule blog posts is definitely a challenge but one I have embraced and managed great so far.
Even though sometimes it’s difficult to fit it all in I feel like without blogging there would be a massive void in my life and time I just wouldn’t know how to fill.
Since starting my blog I didn’t have a strict schedule as I wasn’t sure what best suited me so I tended to stick to every other day give or take. There has also been weeks, such as Christmas, where I had loads of content I wanted to post so wanted to post more often to fit it all in!
This year I have decided that I am going to stick to a schedule of Monday, Wednesday and Friday and then one weekend day if I have extra content for that week. (I’m thinking this weekend post is for things like subscription boxes that unexpectedly get popped through the letter box and I don’t want to wait for the following week or a must have new item I can’t wait to post about etc.)
I have also decided that I need to make a few resolutions this year. I often make them but they aren’t very meaningful or they never get stuck to so if I write them here and tell the world I will hopefully be made more accountable to stick to them and will do so!
My resolutions for this year are-
- Spend less and save more – I’m not sure if anyone has noticed but I am a bit of a shopaholic and any new item I just have to have! I have so much new makeup I am yet to try and so much I need to use up first I am going to try my best not to buy everything I see! We are also saving up for a house so I have a very good reason for spending less and saving more!
- Lost weight – A cliché resolution but I am serious about this one! I put on weight during my last 2 years of uni followed by 2 visits to the US of A plus this Christmas I’ve gone a bit mad so I really need to be strict and get fit and healthy and fit into my clothes again!
- Grow my blog – I only started in at the back end of July this year and I am overwhelmed with the support from my gorgeous readers so far so I can’t wait to watch it (hopefully) grow in 2016 and reach its first birthday!
- Use Instagram more – I know Insta is a big part of social media and I need to make sure I post on it way more than I do! I do love it for the filters and making photos that little more pretty so I’m looking forward to embracing the hashtag and hopefully growing my following. On that note if you’re not already you can follow me here there are lots of pics on there already I promise!
- Have more baths – I rarely take some relaxy time for myself and I got SO many bubble bars and bath bombs from Lush for Christmas this year that I need to use them and they are the perfect excuse to have some me time and chill out.
- Read more books – I have loads that I haven’t read yet and I don’t make time for them so I need to make sure I set aside time to do this. Plus it ties in with baths and me time!
- Interact more on Twitter – I need to get more involved in regular blogger chats to enable me to meet new bloggers, catch up with the old ones and find new blogs to read! If you aren’t following me on Twitter you can click here I always follow back!
- Read more blogs – maybe something I can do in the bath! I always open the posts I get through from following on emails but often don’t get the chance to read them so I’m going to make sure I do that more this year!
- Be a more positive person in general – going a little deep here please forgive me! Sometimes I know I have negative thoughts about the little everyday things that tend to grate on you so this year I need to make sure I don’t let the little things get me down and think more positively about life in general!
These actually turned out a lot longer than I planned once I got typing it just flowed! So sorry if I bored you with new resolution ramblings!
I hope 2016 is amazing for everyone and it brings you everything you wish for.
Have you made any resolutions this year? Let me know below!
Thank you so much for reading!
You can keep in touch and follow me on –