Glossybox January 2016 Unboxing

I was half impressed half disheartened at the cheap drugstore brands in the December edition so I was waiting with baited breath to see what January would bring.

I am so happy to say it did not disappoint! There are 5 good products in this months edition a huge 4 of which are full size! It’s well worth the money this month.

Here’s whats I got –

glossyboxjanuary

Glossybox Eyeshadow in Glossy Mauve

glossyboxjanuaryeyeshadow

Glossybox’s own brand which I have to admit didn’t know existed! This is a decent size and valued at £7.10 (random to be end on 10p but hey!).

This is a lovely colour and didn’t have any fall out when I swatched it on my hand. It goes on nice and smooth and I can’t wait to try it out properly!

Nicka K Shine Airbrush Blending Sponge

glossyboxjanuarynicka

At first glance I thought this was a Beauty Blender and thought GB had really pushed the boat out! But nonetheless at £6.50 this still looks a decent sponge and its a good shape and I’m looking forward to using this. My current sponges in rotation are breaking so this came at the optimum time!

Teeez Cosmetics Oasis Gem Lipstick

glossyboxjanuarylipstick

This is lovely it has a unique design that I’ve never seen on a lipstick before. It has a satin finish and is meant to moisturise the lips. It’s a gorgeous bright orange which GB said is perfect for the winter months but personally I don’t wear orange until Summer rolls around! Nevertheless I look forward to digging it up when the sun shines again.

Madara Cellular Repair Serum

glossyboxjanuarymadara

This is the only product that isn’t full sized its “luxury size” whatever that means! It uses birch juice which is apparently the in thing in the beauty world at the mo and it plumps, hydrates and radiates the skin.

Unani Dermo Defense Face Mask

glossyboxjanuaryunani
This is also full size and its quite big for a face mask! Its ideal for sensitive skin which is good. Using once or twice a week means you will notice a different in skins regeneration. This is a pretty big claim so I am excited to try this out!

What did you get any of these in this months GB? What did you think? Let me know below!

Thank you so much for reading!

You can keep in touch and follow me on –

Twitter, Instagram and Bloglovin

Signature Photo March 2017

20 Comments

1. January 13, 2016 / 4:49 pm

same here ! Really like the serum ! Hope mask won’t break me out ! Not sure about lipstick nice shade but very patchy on lips 🙂

• January 13, 2016 / 7:15 pm

Yeah i hope so too! Oh no is it? I didn’t try it on the lips!! It isn’t very wintery either!! X

• January 14, 2016 / 9:17 am

It’s summer color really ! It may just be my lips too pigmented for it ….?? But it’s just looked patchy on me . May just pass it over to my mum and see if she likes it 🙂

• January 14, 2016 / 1:00 pm

Yeah defo a summer colour! Maybe?! I’ll try it out and let you know! 🙂 aw that’s nice! 🙂 X

• January 14, 2016 / 1:20 pm

What do you think about serum and Mask?? Have you had a chance to try it ? Love the smell of serum ! 🙂

• January 14, 2016 / 3:00 pm

Just serum ! I like it so far ! 🙂 I want to try that mask tonight 🙂

• January 14, 2016 / 5:10 pm

I’ve got a serum on the go at the mo so I’ll try it after that I think! Ooh you’ll have to let me know how you get on! It looks like it’ll be nice it’s for sensitive skin as well! 🙂

2. January 13, 2016 / 8:02 pm

I’ve only ever had one glossy box and I was so disappointed by it! This one looks pretty impressive though so I might sign back up. I love the look of that face mask! X

• January 13, 2016 / 8:28 pm

Oh no really? Which month was it? I’ve liked every one I’ve had so far I’ve had 3 I think! 🙂 X

• January 13, 2016 / 8:49 pm

It was a collaboration that Glossy Box were doing with Selfridges (At least I think it was Selfridges) and it was quite a bit more expensive than their regular box. A bunch of mini products that I couldn’t seem to get on with, but this one looks so cool! X

• January 13, 2016 / 10:31 pm

Ooh ok fair doos! Yeah they do one off boxes for like £30 or something they did one with NARS! The monthly subscriptions have been quite good so far! 🙂 X

3. January 13, 2016 / 8:03 pm

Every product here sounds so good!
    Isabelle

• January 14, 2016 / 10:55 pm

Ooh id have rather had a bronzer! The sponge is too stiff and I can’t get it under my eyelashes to properly blend my concealer!! So not too impressed tbh! It’s a shame your bronzer was duplicated! 🙁 X

• January 14, 2016 / 10:57 pm

Yeah I found the sponge so stiff when I had it too. Like bouncing it on my face was actually hurting me lol and it didn’t blend my foundation at all!!x

• January 15, 2016 / 7:22 pm

Same here the blender is so stiff it doesn’t blend anything I’m going to throw mine away!! Yeah the eyeshadow was my fave too! I’m considering doing that too!! X