Life Update – Moving Back

So as most of you may know, Jay and I moved to the Bahamas and we thought it would be an amazing opportunity to take.  You only regret the things you don’t do, so we embraced it and seized the chance.

However a number of things meant that we weren’t as happy as we thought we would be and we have decided to move home for many reasons because life is too short to be unhappy.

After much deliberation and a lot of pros and con lists and a LOT of late night talks, we made the decision to throw the towel in and move back home. Our reasons for this are plentiful and there were definitely more cons about staying than there were pros.

Yes the sunshine and the beaches were amazing, but everything else meant that it wasn’t worth staying for us. We don’t feel like we gave up easily because we gave it a damn good go and decided for many reasons that this adventure wasn’t for us.

We haven’t given up on chasing the dream and are still searching for another opportunity as we still want to experience a different lifestyle, just not this one.

So for now, we’re back in England and I’m very much looking forward to my bed, seeing my cat, and ripping open my blogger mail!

Thank you all so much for your support on my move.

Thank you so much for reading!

You can keep in touch and follow me on –

Twitter, Instagram and Bloglovin

Signature Photo March 2017

15 Comments

1. Kristin
    November 3, 2017 / 4:12 pm

I went from California to Buenos Aires. Who knows where I’ll be in the future. I admire your courageous step. Sometimes things are only meant to be for a season! Hugs!! <3

• Sophie in Wonderland xo
      November 7, 2017 / 10:06 pm

That’s a big move too! thanks so much lovely xo

2. November 3, 2017 / 7:45 pm

Oh, I’m sorry it hasn’t worked out in the Bahamas. You’re right though, life is too short to remain somewhere just because you made the decision to try it out. Taking a risk can sometimes not pan out, and it’s fine.
    It didn’t work out, you fix it, and move on. I think it’s very brave of you to make this decision. I wish you the best of luck!

• Sophie in Wonderland xo
      November 7, 2017 / 10:06 pm

Definitely it’s so true, thanks so much for your kind words! x

3. macyxmakeup
    November 4, 2017 / 12:13 am

You always have to do what makes you happy! Move on, and find something that you love even more! 🙂

• Sophie in Wonderland xo
      November 7, 2017 / 10:06 pm

Definitely, thanks so much lovely xo

4. November 5, 2017 / 9:15 am

I’m pleased your moving back, although I know it couldn’t have been an easy decision to make.

Life is full of unexpected things and I’m sure whatever step you both take next in your life it will be for the best!

Good luck with the move, and keep us updated on how things are going (:

Alys / alysgeorge.blogspot.co.uk

• Sophie in Wonderland xo
      November 7, 2017 / 10:05 pm

Thanks so much lovely for your kind words! I sure will do! thanks lovely xo

5. November 5, 2017 / 1:37 pm

Can’t even imagine what a tough decision this had to have been for you both but you’re completely right with saying that life is too short to be unhappy!
    I’m sure everyone, plus your cat will be happy to have you back home and in time for Christmas!

• Sophie in Wonderland xo
      November 7, 2017 / 10:05 pm

Thanks so much for your kind words lovely! its so true! xo

6. November 8, 2017 / 9:54 pm

I wondered if you’d moved back! Sorry it didn’t work out but you gave it a try so at least you won’t have any regrets! Being happy is the main thing and you can always go back to the sunshine 🙂 hope the cold hasn’t proved to harsh! I’m freeeeezing!

Xx

7. November 11, 2017 / 6:54 pm

at least now you are home we can see each other more 😀 .xo

8. November 12, 2017 / 3:46 pm

Hope you’re settling in okay being back in the UK again lovely!

Lucie xo | lucieleannexo.wordpress.com

9. November 21, 2017 / 2:28 am

Super proud of you for chasing your dreams and going for it Soph, and even prouder of you for making such a tough yet crucial decision. Being happy is definitely no.1, and I’m so excited for your future adventures. You really deserve all the happiness there is. So much love to you babe <3

Sophie | soinspo xo

• Sophie in Wonderland xo
      November 21, 2017 / 8:41 pm

Thanks so much gorgeous it’s so true!! Thanks for your support always ❤ lots of love Soph!! Xoxox